Certificate of Travel

89, Grove Road, Houghton Regis, Dunstable LU5 5PD | Mobile +44 (0)78 7708 8526 | Office: +44 (0)152 825 12977

If you have not been given refugee status in the UK and have not been recognised as a stateless person, you may be able to apply for a certificate of travel, which will give you permission to travel abroad and return here. You must first prove that you have been formally and unreasonably refused a passport by the authorities of the country of which you are a national.

Before you apply for a certificate of travel, you should read Who qualifies for a certificate of travel? You cannot apply for a certificate of travel if you have been recognised as a refugee in the UK.

Except in exceptional circumstances, you cannot use a Home Office certificate of travel to travel to your country of origin, or to the country from which you sought asylum.

Some countries do not accept certificates of travel as valid travel documents, so you should check with the authorities of the country you wish to visit before you apply. At present, countries that do not accept it include:

 The Netherlands
 South Africa


We are experts in dealing with certificate of travel applications. We will take detailed instructions from you and advise you about the immigration law and procedure, which is adopted by the  Home office (UKBA).

We will explain you about our professional fees and Home office fees. If you agree, then we will ask you to sign our client care letter.

Then, we  will advise you about  the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application. If we need further documents from you then, we will discuss the same with you, and ask you to produce the documents.

We will complete the relevant application with you and ask you to sign all the relevant pages with you. Finally, we will check the completed form along with your documentary evidences, that you have produced to us. We will then send them all paper works to Home office  through  Special Recorded delivery, in order to track your documentation with the royal mail and the Home office.

We are unable to give you an exact time in which your application will be concluded.  But You can enquire our office during office hours, about  a progress of your application.

We will update you by telephone or in writing about your application.