Domestic Worker Visa

89, Grove Road, Houghton Regis, Dunstable LU5 5PD | Mobile +44 (0)78 7708 8526 | Office: +44 (0)152 825 12977

If  you wish to accompany your employer as a domestic or household worker, it is necessary to apply for a Domestic Worker visa. A domestic worker provides a personal service linked to the running of his employer’s household.

This visa is suitable for chauffeurs, gardeners, cooks and nannies who fulfil the requirements.

You will generally be issued with a visa for six to 12 months depending on how long your employer will stay in the UK. It is also possible to extend your visa.


In order to come to  the UK to work full-time as a domestic worker in the same place as your employer, you must be between 18 and 65 years of age.

You must also have been employed in your employer's home, or a household that your employer uses, for one year or more.

You must intend to travel to the UK with your employer, your employer's spouse or your employer's minor child. 

You must also have the means to accommodate yourself adequately without relying on public funds.  

Can I move to any other my job?

It may be necessary for you to change your job. You are allowed to change jobs provided you continue to work as a domestic worker in a private household. It is necessary to inform the Home Office of the change, however, you do not need to make a formal application until you need to apply for an extension of your original visa.

Spouse & Children

It is possible for your husband or wife, unmarried partner, and child under the age of 18 to come to the UK if you both intend to live together during your stay.

If you and your spouse are to travel to the UK, or you have sole responsibility for your child/children, your child/children can come to the UK. Your child/children must be under the age of 18 and must be unmarried, that is, they must not yet have formed an independent family, nor be living independently.

As a depndants can apply for permission to stay in the UK in his own right.

Dependants will be able to work any employment must not be necessary to support the domestic worker.  

You must be able to provide adequate accommodation which must be occupied exclusively by you, your spouse, and any children that will join you. You must also have the means to maintain your family without relying on public funds. Finally, your family must not intend to stay in the UK once their visas have expired.


A s a domestic worker, you will initially be given permission to stay in the UK for a maximum of 12 months. At the end of this 12 month period you can apply to extend your stay in the UK providing him is still employed as a domestic worker. You should make this application before your permission to stay in the UK ends.


On completion of continous period of 5 years in the UK employed in this capacity, you can apply for Indefnite leave to remin or settlement in the UK.

Dependants currently living in the UK would need to apply for Indefnite Leave to remain in the UK.

As a Domestic worker,or their husband or wife, and any dependants over the age of 18 years, must demonstrate knowledge of English language and life in the UK before they would be granted indefnite leave to remain.

After a further year of Indefinite leave to remain you may be eligible for UK Naturalisation, commomly known as Citizenship.

NOTE: note that the immigration rules are subject to change. You must meet all the requirements of the immigration Rules at the time when you make the application

We are happy to offer a fixed fee plan to our clients. We give you the best and affordable quote to receive quality service from us. Contact us through email: or on Mob. 07877088526 to book an appointment

NOTE: Please make a note that the immigration rules are subject to change. You must meet all the requirements of the Immigration Rules at the time of application with us.